The main goal of the African Fabrics Movement is to create an avenue where lovers of African Fabrics, and anyone curious about the fabrics can:
- Have easy access to the fabrics.
- Be inspired to create inspired pieces that reflects their unique take on the fabric.
- Gain knowledge on the care and ways of using African Fabrics.
- Understand the traditions surrounding and the cultural significance of the fabrics of Africa.
These are a series of events that happen throughout the year that encourage quilters and textile artists to participate and produce their best creations with Africa Fabrics.
To this end, there are 2 major events that happen annually where there is a global gathering of quilters and other textile artists -
- The Black History & Cultural Conference and Challenge in February.
- The Quilt Africa Fabrics Summit in July.