This Online Workshop consists of 2 parts holding August 24 & 31, 2022.
Register for this online workshop and learn Uzoma's unique intuitive technique in creating life portraits using fabrics.
Uzoma Samuel is one of the few Nigeria textile artists who has embraced his craft with a passion.
Uzo’s choice of working with fabrics was majorly influenced by his seamstress mother who gave him her scraps (which are considered waste here) to play with to keep him occupied.
Uzoma believes that - "Fabrics are global identities that unite humanity; each of my work has uncountable pieces from different part of the world collaged in one face revealing diverse cultural motifs and symbols".
Once you register, you will receive:
1. A hand drawn sketch of Uzoma's model, which will be our pattern/template.
2. A supply list of materials needed for both workshops.
3. A link to the recorded video of my interview with Uzoma, where he shares the first steps you need to take to prepare for the upcoming workshops.
4. You also get to see the artist beyond the creations as he also shares his artists statements, personal story and his journey as a textile artist in Nigeria.
5. Access to the workshop recordings is until October 31, to enable you catch up on what you missed and watch again and again until you are comfortable with his technique.
Please note that the registration fee is non-refundable.
I received 20 squares, 10 pairs of similar patterns and the variation of motifs are a really nice selection. The greens vary from a stark hunter green to a vibrant light batik type green. The variations are awesome! Thank you!
Beautiful quality African fabric jelly roll strips. The colors in the jelly roll is a nice variety of different designs. I have ordered before from Quilt African Fabrics and was impressed each time! I can only say thank you Quilt African Fabrics again for the beautiful quality fabric! You are the best!