THE QAF QUILT & WEARABLE ART CHALLENGE 2020 STARTS! AUG. 25 - NOV. 25 2020
Give Us Your Best Creative Interpretation With African Prints!
You Have The Choice of 2 Challenges!
Using value, contrast, fussy cutting and colour:-
- Create a simple quilt.
- Design a coat, cape or vest
- There are no limits to the number of different quilts or garments you can make and enter.
- You can use a pattern or create your own design. All methods, sewing, quilting and embellishment techniques are eligible.
- You must use only African prints and solids.
- 25% of your African prints fabrics may be from other sources.
- Photos of completed quilt tops and garments will be accepted.
- Quilts should be 70x50 inches or larger.
- Garments must be knee length (minimum requirement) coats, capes or vests.
- The outside of you garment must adhere to the guidelines as state .
- In addition, your lining may be your fabric of choice (silk, lightweight cotton, satin) to name a few.
- Share your progress and projects on your social media pages using the hashtag: #qafchallenge.
- Follow the challenge rules and requirements and submit 2 clear digital images of the finished quilt by November 25 to email@example.com
Each Challenge Bundle Has One Vintage Fat Quarter That Must Be Included In Your Quilt or Garment!!
- August 25, 2020— Challenge Opens
- November 25, 2020— Challenge Deadline.
- December 9, 2020— Winners Announced.
All entries submitted will be reviewed by a panel of Judges.
Group members can vote for their favourite quilts for the Viewers Choice Awards.
- Judges Choice
- Viewers choice
Winners receive prizes of 20 piece bundle African Fabric Precut.
All decisions made are final.